The Valor-Forge is a way for people to create customized RP scenarios with their guild-mates utilizing the Steelgrasp Brigade's thematic image.
Think of the Valor-Forge as an academy or apprenticeship of sorts. As an aspirant, you will:
Sign up to apprentice under a Forgefather or Forgemother.
Participate in group, or one-on-one RP based off of your chosen path.
Complete a trial to "graduate".
Once completed, you will be granted IC accolades and rewards including but not limited to augment bonuses to our roll system! Also, you will be eligible to become your very own Forge-guardian. Feel free to sign up for as many of these as you'd like. You are not limited to just one. Just know your stuff!
Paths, Instructors, and their Specialties:
(Looking for more volunteers!)
Path of the Guardian:
- Fürgas Steelgrasp & Crura Darkmine - Learn to wield a weapon and shield while wearing armor. - Aspirants will practice fighting techniques in the heaviest of armors as well as in any environment.
Path of the Charger:
- Thelodahr Azkar Lighthammer - Mounted Combat, Aspirants will learn how to master spellcasting, and the use of melee weapons while mounted. - Graduates will be awarded a Sigil of the Charger which allows for proficiency in mounted combat events!
Path of the Healer:
- Mairla Greatforge - Healing with the Light - Aspirants will learn about efficient and vital ways to heal the body using the Light. - Graduates will be awarded a Holy Symbol to assist them with combat healing!
Path of the Smith:
- Fürgas Steelgrasp & Crura Darkmine - Learn how to smith weapons and armor, as well as other objects such as plates, nails, tools, eating ware, tankards, and other useful items forged of metal under the guidance of the Steelgrasp ranks Grand Master Blacksmith's - Aspirants will start by creating common items out of common metal before working up to complicated pieces out of rare metals. They will be granted a personal forge and anvil upon mastery.
Path of the Smelter:
- Fürgas Steelgrasp & Crura Darkmine - Learn how to properly and efficiently smelt down ores and ingots to create specialized alloys and bars to be used by the various metalworkers of the Brigade - Aspirants will learn and practice techniques on common and mundane metals, working up to specialized alloys such as Steelstone and Dark Elementium.
Path of the Gemcutter:
- Mairla Greatforge - Learn how to cut gems and crystals as well as to identify them with ease - Aspirants will be given common gems or worthless crystals to practice on while learning to recognize all manner of such objects.
(Please post below if you wish to become a Forge-master, or an aspirant! If you wish to be a Forge-parent, please also list your IC specialties! We'll try to keep the list as updated as possible! Also, there can be more than one instructor per path.)